Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Thank you very much

Today is the day I leave Africa. I leave today, arrive in Charlotte tomorrow for debriefing, and then I am home on Thursday evening.

I want to take a moment and say thank you. Thank you all for your prayer and for your support. It was very evident to me that so many of you were praying for me back home. I have experienced the presence of God in very unique ways and will cherish this summer for the rest of my life. So again thank you all for your part in this.

Before I came my family and friends wrote me notes to open while I was here. They have been such an encouragement to me. However, one note was written by my dad and marked to be opened for my last night here. I opened the card and was greatly encouraged by it. I felt like it came straight from God. I have been praying about how He wants to use this summer and where he is directing my next steps. This card spoke right to that. One the outside it said "right now it's hard to see how this chapter of your life will turn out but rest assured our God is a God of happy endings... (inside) and new beginnings." The verse Jeremiah 29:11 was also written in the card which states "For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. They are plans for good...to give you a future and hope." It is God's promise to me. So though I still feel like there is a lot to think through, I trust and know that God is in control. Furthermore, just like God used my dad to write this card even before I came here to Kenya to be a specific and needed encouragement last night, He has also used everyone of you as well. So again, thank you all for your partnership with me, I have been blessed through you.

No comments: