Thursday, August 02, 2007

Summer Theme

Well, I have been trying for days to upload pictures for you all of Mombasa but have not been successful. So instead I thought I would share with you the verse that kept popping up all over the place for me in ways I didn't expect... it was exactly what I needed to hear when I needed to hear it. This passage really has become the theme of my summer:

Proverbs 3:3-6
3 Let love and faithfulness never leave you;
bind them around your neck,
write them on the tablet of your heart.

4 Then you will win favor and a good name
in the sight of God and man.

5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;

6 in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight.

amen.

2 comments:

Gina said...

That's pretty cool Katie because those are the exact verses that I read yesterday. Pretty crazy. And are you having a hard time uploading pics because of my camera or because of the computers you're working with? I'd hate to think it was because of my camera. Although it just makes the suspence of you coming home so we can see them all the more exciting!

Anonymous said...

I am struck by the ways that God has reminded you of how present He is as you have been in Africa. Present in a personal way, not just as a big God who knows everything and watches it go on from a distance.

I hope that you enjoy your last two days in the Robe! I hear it's cold enough that you might actually have to wear a robe. Are you looking forward to another international travel experience?