Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Leaving Mombasa

Since coming to Mombasa we have been able to do a lot of things and meet a lot of people in a short period of time. Some of the things we have done here is snorkeling, riding camels, and having a bonfire on the beach. We also have befriended two "beach boys" (not the band) and have had some very cool conversations about a variety of things, including God and life after death. Also, we were waiting for a Matatu yesterday and this huge pack of baboons, big and small, came out of a compound and walked down the street right past us. It was kind of scary and very cool all at the same time. Only in Africa. I love it here. Unfortunately, today is our last day in Mombasa and tomorrow we travel to Nairobi again. I was hoping to include some pictures before I go but I am having a very difficult time getting them to upload so I will have to wait until I get back to the Robe. Sorry peeps!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was driving home from work today and caught a Bob Marley tune on the radio. Suddenly, I envisioned a gang of his twinners and a couple of American girls on the beach in Mombasa, sunbathing with camels, the threat of baboon attacks in the air. ..

Have fun back at the Robe! Can't wait to see you back in the Ford!

kathryn said...

ohhh... the Ford! Very soon!

Anonymous said...

I've loved reading your blog! You have the perfect blend of wisdom, humor and compassion in your writing. You really are very talented. It is so fun to see how God has used you, challenged you, blessed you and helped you grow over these last months. You're right, as an added bonus, these blogs will help keep your memories intact. I hope to see you and your pictures when you return. Until then, you'll continue to be in my prayers. I pray the remainder of your trip is as memorable and safe as the rest has been! God bless!