Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Meet the Odoyo's


Seriously, I know some pretty cool families but they are definitely one of the coolest. The children, from oldest to youngest are Anne (yellow shirt), Sarah (the chick next to her), Stephen (red and white shirt), and Daniel (the other dude). Vitalis, the dad, is from Kenya and Susie is from Germany. *Side note: I asked her about my crazy thumbs and missing knuckle, turns out she has seen the thumbs in Germany... go figure!*

They are truly amazing people and completely live uncompromising lives before Christ. I am really glad that I get to spend my summer with them. Every evening we end the day by singing and praying together. Gotta love it. Plus Susie is a serious cook. I am thinking about asking her to move to Michigan, she keeps offering for us to take her sons with us when we leave, so I think maybe I could convince her to come with me instead. Megan, Jessica, what do you think? Are you up for a cook?

Here are some more pictures of my time here... (sorry nothing really note worthy has been happening. I have been teaching every morning and relaxing in the afternoon. Teaching continues to be a challenge for me but God has been beyond faithful and is giving me great ideas and patience. Praise Him! So if you are the praying sort, feel free to pray for me and the whole teaching thing. Thanks peeps.) Ok, with out further ado here are some pictures:

so I realize that I said I was going to add pictures but I am having a hard time... so instead I am just going to add a link. Christy, this girl from SIM came and took pictures of our ministry and sent us a link with the pictures. She pretty much is a professional and they are amazing pictures. Way to go Christy! here it is...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22458595@N00/759398225/

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cousin Katie-
I found out about your blog last week and finally checked it all out this morning. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it and seeing the pictures you took. Christy's pictures are wonderful. You've been, and will continue to be, in my prayers...as well as those whose lives you are touching.
God bless you!
-Heather

Anonymous said...

Christy's pictures are so great! Is she taking pictures for fun or is it for a project for SIM? She has got a real gift!

In regards to a chef for the house, I think that sounds like a great idea! Once you tell her how much fun we have around here, I think it will be a quick sell. Have you learned to use that cool Kenyan grill thingy yet?

Sounds like you for sure have a touch of German in you. Perhaps you should look at taking a pilgrimage back to the Mudderland to meet up with other knuckleless friends. Gosh, I guess I just hope that you won't forget about your full-knuckle friends in the process...

Anonymous said...

Katie,
The Odyo's are a beautiful family. I'm so glad that you're making new friends, but I knew you would. You make new friends everywhere you go! I knew Africa would be no different.
Have fun with the schooling, I know you're making a difference in the lives of those children you're working with.
Spencer misses you, he told me so last night (oh, and he's sitting up now too!).
Love,
Mom.

Gina said...

Katie, those pictures are amazing. I saved some of them so they pop up on our screen saver! I will be out East for a week and won't be able to comment for a while. But I'll make up for it when I get back!! Love you lots!