Wednesday, July 25, 2007

No more "Teacha Katie"

Well, today was my last day teaching. It is a little bitter sweet for me. I am actually glad that I don't have to teach anymore (not really my thing) but I am definitely going to miss the children from the school, neighborhood kids, the view, and mostly the sweet Odoyo family. At the beginning of the trip I didn't think I would say this but... my time here in Kisumu was really too short. I feel like I have just gotten started and there is so much more to see and do. However, it was very obvious that we were here for a specific purpose and that purpose is accomplished. God has been very near during these past 6 weeks and I know that the remainder of the trip will be amazing as well. I will leave on Friday for Nairobi and then Saturday for Mombasa for some sight seeing. I will come back to Nairobi on the following Thursday to see some other ministries, visit some friends, and debrief. Don't worry, I have two more weeks left so I have plenty of more blogs coming at you!

Also, just so you can see them... here are some pictures of all the kids in my class. Couldn't you just eat them up :)?





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katie, I'm praying for you as you wrap things up. Especially with the Odoyo's, they sound like such a wonderful family.

I can see in the pics how much the kids love you, Teacha Katie! They are adorable! Did any give you the proverbial run for your money? I always love those ones. I am looking forward to hearing more about them.

I also can't wait to hear about your tour of the country! I know you have really been looking forward to seeing other ministries. I am glad that you will still be blogging your little heart out to us for the next two weeks!

Gina said...

How fun to be able to go site seeing! Where will you be staying, in hotels? Keep us updated on your adventures!!

Anonymous said...

Katie,
Your students are beautiful. Thank you for the pic's. Be sure to keep that camera handy for the rest of the trip too.
Love, Mom.