Thursday, July 19, 2007

Lidia's Home

We visited a fellow teachers home yesterday. Actually, we visited her home, her sister-in-laws home, and her mother-in-laws home. It was a big ta-do that involved an immense amount of chi and bread with margarine. They are all in the same compound. She is 19 years old and has the cutest little boy named Gordon... he was so sweet! We had a really nice time, though I kind of wish I didn't take the camera because when it came out all other conversation ended. Now I know for next time. But for you all it worked out because I have some ok pictures for you:

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gordon is adorable! How cool to be welcomed into peoples' homes. Did you stay up all night, until your alarm clock went off, after downing all that chi? Good thing chi is super tasty!

Anonymous said...

Katie,
Gordon doesn't looks to sure about you in that one photo!
Mom.

Anonymous said...

Hi Katie. I have been here all along, just a little lazy on the posts. You have an amazing talent for storytelling. Keep up the good work! I have been and will continue to pray for you.

Gina said...

Your eyes look soooo blue in that picture with you and Gordon! You're marvelous darling, simply marvelous!

kathryn said...

Hi Hillary! Glad you decided to comment...hope your summer is going well and you are enjoying the sun :)!

Hey Gina... how is Mass. treating you?

Anonymous said...

Hey Katie!
I love your blogs! I'm one of the millions who are guilty of enjoying them and never letting you know...sorry.
What was that I heard about expensive cows and wedding bells?

Thanks for continuing to share your heart with us and Jesus with the children.
Love~
Sue

Anonymous said...

Katie!!! I miss you - it looks like you are having a great time! Great pictures!! Love, Elana

Anonymous said...

It's wonderful to see and hear all about your activities, is chi served around 4 pm? do they drink it with milk and sugar?
Just think you can write a book about your experiences someday. I know your heart much more now and love you for it.